Friday, November 19, 2010

Back to things I love

Its been so long since I wrote when I actually didn't have to! That's a sad realization for someone who used to pour out her feelings on paper at the slightest provocation. Well, for starters, the paper's gone! No one in his right mind uses paper any more. So I'm following the trend..... getting used to pouring out on my keyboard now! But It's a different kind of feeling from the times a few years back when I managed to fill my drawers will papers full of feelings so deep (:P) that I would be too embarrassed to show them to anyone at all. Well, there they are still, unread and gathering dust... and well, it is kind of embarrassing to show people your writings (unless you are an established writer and people find out diverse interpretations of your lines when they actually just mean what they mean.)

So......back to things I love. Someone has just asked me to write a book!!! Well, interesting thought... and moreover it was a childhood dream to see my name up on a shelf at a bookstore, some day. But, being as impatient as I am (well, for the uninitiated, I am very impatient) let me tell you that I had started out more than once, and then abandoned it mid-way. But yes, its nice to know that someone still remembers the dream that I had myself forgotten. Thanks a million for that! And I promise to try.

Writers always say that writing gives them this feeling of never wanting to stop.... the feeling that the most important thing in their lives is to share their thoughts and that they could never make out why anybody in the world would not want to write. Funnily enough, I can completely relate to that. Writing was my passion, that thing that could make me forget everything else in the world, and make everyone wait till I was done with the very last word. Well, that last sentence was oddly intense! Forgive me for being melodramatic.... but I guess I really mean that.

So, I am back to writing for good! I should have never given it up in the first place. I mean, I can always say that I had other things, but then, this feeling that I am getting at this very instant, while writing these words..... is something I cant really describe. I missed it so much. And besides, I have so much more to say right now. After I left school, I have learnt so much, and changed too.... I have beautiful memories, and deep scars too.... I learnt that the terrible things that I could't imagine happening to one of us while I was in school, do actually happen to real people just like us. But I know that we have to fill our scars will our beautiful memories, because those are the things that make our life worth it. So, I treasure the happy times, and laugh about the naughty times, and learn from the bad times. Yes..... I have many other such sermons to deliver! And sadly enough for you, I will deliver them.

6 comments:

  1. wow!! i didn't know you had such passion for writing...well, i always thought there was a hidden self to you..and i think i just caught a glimpse of it!
    Very beautifully written..and i could identify with most of the things you said about filling up pages after pages and dreaming about publishing a book..do keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written...i didnt know that u wanted to write a book.
    After reading this.. i am waiting for ur book ..i will buy 1st copy of that.. :)
    so. ab bas jaldi book likh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Sunrita!! The way you express your feelings is quite simple and straight yet attractive and this is precisely why I like your posts...

    Go ahead with your writing... I believe that some day we will definitely find your name on the covers of books... :):)

    You are not at all impatient when it comes to something you love... In fact, apart from writing, there are many more things you love... :):)

    Introduction is over... Eager for your 'sermons' to be 'sad enough'.Don't keep us waiting for long :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally u wrote !!! phewww! really well written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trailer-এই গুরু উঠেছে ভুরু,
    মুখ বলেছে – “দারুণ”।
    মন বলছে – “ও দিদিভাই,
    আসল filmটা ছাডুন !!”

    hey "impatient" girl, your patience is evident in your writing :P loved it :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was awesum ......... just like the old days..... I always luved ur writing while I was in school....... grt to see that ur back :):)

    ReplyDelete